Gay Netherlands travel guide
The Netherlands is a small country with a large historic background. There is much more than the famous windmills! The capital and main city is Amsterdam. The country itself is very small, you can not drive longer than 2 hours in any direction to reach the border.
The Netherlands (or sometimes called Holland) is a very liberal country. It was the first to legalize gay marriage in the world. The city was also very famous for it's gay night life. There are still relative many gay places for a small city like this.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) is one of the main hubs in Europe. There are direct flights to many destinations around the world. At a little extra cost you can extend a stop over for a few days. The City centre is only 15 minutes away by train from the airport.
- Senior Pride ConcertAmsterdam – 5 Aug
- Pride Zeedijk StreetpartyAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Prik Pride Street PartyAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride Drag Queen OlympicsAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride Rembrandtplein street partyAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride Vivelavie street party Women cancelled/postponedAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride at bars clubs and saunaAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride at ReguliersAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride Reality street partyAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride Amstelveld HeBiHo VrijMiBoAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- CrashAmsterdam – 6 Aug
- Pride Canal ParadeAmsterdam – 7 Aug *
- CrashAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Pride Zeedijk StreetpartyAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Prik Pride Street PartyAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Pride Rembrandtplein street partyAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- This Is My Pride - Dam squareAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Funhouse XXL Pride editionAmsterdam – 7 Aug *
- Pride at bars clubs and saunaAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Pride at ReguliersAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Pride Reality street partyAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Pride Amstelveld After Canal Parade partyAmsterdam – 7 Aug
- Pride Closing PartyAmsterdam – 8 Aug
- RosarioAmsterdam – 8 Aug
- Pride after Sunday night after partyAmsterdam – 8 Aug
- This Is My Pride - Dam squareAmsterdam – 8 Aug
We list here the 2 main cities, Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Other interesting cities include The Hague, Utrecht or the beach and dunes at Zandvoort. They can all be reached within an hour by train from Amsterdam.
Amsterdam is a beautiful historic city. The historic canals and canal houses are a must visit. Amsterdam has many world famous museums, the Red Light district and much more. The gay night-life is quite extensive for a small city as it is.
65 gay events, bars, clubs, parties, saunas etc listed on Nighttours - 505 hotelsvisit Amsterdam
Rotterdam was completely destroyed during World War II. So there are hardly any historic buildings left. So the city is very different from Amsterdam. It has many modern buildings and bridges. The gay scene is quite small.
15 gay events, bars, clubs, parties, saunas etc listed on Nighttours - 75 hotelsvisit Rotterdam
The Netherlands is located very central in Northern Europe. London can be reached in a 40 minute flight. Cologne in Germany is only an hour by train, Antwerp and Brussels in about 1½ and 2 hours, Paris by high speed train is only 3½ hours from Amsterdam. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport has many direct connections and low cost flights.